CAREY BLYTON - SHERLOCK HOLMES MEETS DR WHO
Sherlock Holmes Meets Dr Who. Another classic from Carey Blyton - his music for brass, saxophone and piano. Carey wrote the music for several Dr Who series in the 1960s and this CD contains three suites of that music, Silurian Suite, Vogan Suite and Dalek Suite as well as other wondeful miniatures in true Blyton style.
Works for Brass Quintet - A Sherlock Holmes Suite op. 81
1. March: The Games Afoot!
2. Baker Street Conversation
3. Porky Johnson and the Baker Street Irregulars
4. Scenes from Holmes’ London
5. Professor Colleagues
6. Professor Moriarty – The Napoleon of Crime
7. Finale: Victoria Triumphans!
Pasticheries Op. 82 for Brass Quintet
8. The Return of Bulgy Gogo
9. The Velvet Gentlemen
10. Up the Faringon Road!
11. Sweet and Sour Rag, Op. 85 for Brass Quintet
12. Hark! The Merry Gentlemen, Op. 90 for Brass Quintet
13. Eilgut-Galopp, Op.145
Dr. Who Music
Silurian suite, Op. 102 for Trumpet
14. In the Caves
15. A close Encounter
16. March: The Brigadier
Vogan Suite, Op. 101 for horn
17. Deep Space
18. Vogan March
19. All’s well…that ends well!
Dalek Suite, Op. 193 for Saxophone Quartet
20. A Desolate Landscape
21. Chants and Variants
22. Dalex March and Retreat
Works for Solo Saxophone and Piano
27. Homage to Czerny
29. In Memoriam Scott Fitzgerald
30. Mock Joplin
31. Saxe Blue
32. Captain Bowspirit’s Blues op. 28
Reviews of This Recording
...the fiercely intellectual Carey Blyton composed lurching modern jazz themes on ancient instruments: humanoid reptiles emerged from the earth to a crumhorn accompaniment: the ophicleide heralded the appearance of cybermen....Matthew Sweet - The Daily Telegraph July 2013